.: sound :.
j.s. bach: brandenburg concertos

.: text :.
the baroque cycle

.: touch :.
moonlit water

.: taste :.
Rockstar Juiced

.: smell :.
ripe mangos

x
 

Wednesday, April 17, 2002

4/17/2002 12:12:00 PM

.

More dialogue on last night's burning question...
.
.
As a philosophy student, I've conditioned myself over the past four years to be comfortable in any situation. I hear loud bangs and don't jump. I believe I could have a gun to my head and be as calm as not having one to my head.
.
Thats an interesting state to have achieved. I can see where having the choice as to HOW you react to something would be a great thing - though I'm not sure that I myself would want to -not- react to anything. I'm too interested in myself and the human condition. I want to experience emotions and such. Here, these express my attitude better:
.
"I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing." - Agatha Christie
.
"The most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well." - Baron Pierre De Coubertin
.
.
What this question may really be asking is: what do you perceive as your life?

.
No I dont think so... The question was a hypothetical, meant to get people [who I think have interesting thoughts] to imagine and tell me thier versions of the "what if"s. I know what I percieve my life to be - but right now that's not the main point. Right now I am searching for "food for [story] thought".
.
.
On a less academic note, security in the lack of nonsexual intimacy is what is at issue.
.
BINGO!!! *jackpot noises sound loudly* you hit the nail on the head with that one. So my question was/is: Imagine that you are someone who suddenly and completely lacks all nonsexual intimacy. How would you feel? What kind of person does that happen to? Were you (the char) ever intimate with people? If so, how did you lose your former intimates? --- Play pretend as little or as much as you'd like, and then tell me about it. :)
.
.
People are interdependent and need each other at a nonsexually intimate level, but ought to be able to go on emotionally without others,
.
Here's another honest question: I completely aggree with what you just said - but, have you ever actually found someone who could?

.

ferric

 

 

 

Comments: Post a Comment