|
|
Monday, April 22, 2002
.
Well today was fairly blah. In general I'm just not feeling nearly as excited about being me as I was over the weekend. Surprising that - as this ephemeron-self has only just begun. I wonder if it had anything to do with the snow.
.
I talked with monguse for a bit over ICQ, which was nice. Its different than talking to fox, but somehow less daunting. More comfort and less tension involved, even if I'm not excited about the conversation in quite the same way. This friendship/meeting of minds, while super-cool seems just ordinary enough not to crash and burn, and send my self-concept up in flames. - Based on my track record, that's probably a good thing. I'm not sure what another blue screen of death would do to me at this point. I'm amazed that I'm still breathing after the last 2, seeing as how they followed each other in such quick sucession.
.
So what else... not much. I'm still in love with Neil Gaiman. Read more of his homepage (FAQ section) and a story that he wrote set in Matrix reality: Goliath. It was good but definitely not my favorite Neil. I'm looking forward to reading the Poppy story on the same page though. *S* its so neat to find off the beaten path work by my favorite authors. Other than that - I finished [re]reading "A Wrinkle in Time" this afternoon. It was about as good as i remember it being - which says something for my childhood consciousness (since the last time that I read the thing was in 3rd grade). It was a pleasant read but not quite the soul-balm and solace that is most Madeline L'Engle. I did find a wonderful quote though. It happy and funny, and it kinda explains (i think) at least a part of why less than pleasant people and events get to me so easily. Will post it as soon as I get back to the home comp. -- i'm at work Atm and don't have it with me.
.