|
|
Saturday, May 11, 2002
.
The summation of my day you wonder? here it is...
morning: head ouch. tummy... ow. being vertical for more than 5 seconds - a very very very bad thing.
Henry, Kelly, and Jeremy outdid themseles as new friends and threw me an advance birthday party on Friday night. It was hellav-fun! Ben drove me in and we spent the night chilling at their apartment, listening to great tunes, and having good times. Kelly fed me BacardiLimon/Malibu/CranberryJuices all night, and while I still don't think that I actually consumed that much alcohol my head, stomach, and the amount of dancing I remember doing strongly disaggree. I imagine that my severe lack of sleep all week and heavy coffee consumption probably pitched in to make the intoxicating substances just that much more effective. Either way I ended up asking ben to put me to bed once we got back to town, which he did brilliantly as usual. I so miss having people tuck me in. It touches my heart. *sighs* I'm going to have to be careful or this lonliness is going to get me into trouble again.
afternoon: head ouch. tummy... ow. being vertical for more than 5 seconds - still a very very very bad thing. Time until I have to be effective and socially skilled - getting much smaller.
2:45 pm rolled around, the time that I was supposed to be heading out for Tiah's grad party, and i was still in bed, no better off than when I had originally woken up at 9:30am - though I had consumed many a glass of water in the interim. It was time for extreme measures. I wandered downstairs (OUCH) downed 3 acetominophen, and tossed myself into a hot shower. It didn't help - though I was cleaner. Thirty minutes later; bathed, dressed, painted, and coifed; I headed out to formerly swanky BlackWood's Grill and Bar now moderately upscale Grandma's Saloon and Deli for the party. I walked into the restaurant a few minutes later.. to a party of 30some tidly dressed family type people that I didn't know, and the shouted question "SO, how's the HANGOVER?" from Tiah's mom, my former boss, Di. If I had been anything resembling human and conscious I would have been mortified. As it was, by the time that my brain registered what had just been said (and yes it took Some time) Di was already explaining to everyone that it had been my 21st birthday the night before, and they were all laughing and congratulating me. I didn't bother to correct them. ; )
All in all though, the party turned out alright. I forced myself to eat the food they ordered for me, and by the time I got past salad and breadstick, and into very rare steak and baked potato I was feeling much better. The cake was fabulous, the mutiple cups of coffee good, and when the time for leaving rolled around I was actually feeling (mostly) human again.
late afternoon/early evening: head, pretty okay. tummy, good. Rest of body, cold wet and only getting more so.
Yes folks, I got locked out of my house in the rain. It was just dandy. *bleh* Fuck the hyena pack and thier acute lack of manners/consideration/ability to follow through with simple things they say that they are going to do, like waiting to make sure I got in the door before driving off. Oh well. I'm not going to waste any more energy in that direction. Eventually, in fact much sooner than expected, my family got home and let me in. I ended up plopping on the couch and watching NottingHill with Anne. Though I can't remember why, the first time that I saw it that movie made me spectacularly sad. Unfortunately, though I have no idea why, this time it had the same effect so...
late evening: head, ow. tummy, good. Rest of body, fairly alright.
I'm sitting here typing away at this blog, with my head in a fuzz and my heart aching for no logical reason that I can discern. Its sad. I'm sad. And I'm lonely too. Briling is doing her best to cheer me up over ICQ, but for once it just isn't working. I feel a bit like she must feel every day. I saw a pine tree though while I was having a smoke break just now - and that helped a bit. I like pine trees. They remind me of summer at my grandmother's house, and swimming in Whitefish lake, and eagles, and pixies, and deer, and lots of other happy wonderful magic things. It feels a bit funny to live anywhere that they are not. I think I liked living in Russia most because all of the pine trees made it feel a lot like home. I'm worried about Ben though. He seemed sad yesterday and didn't tell me...or explain why. I hope that he and things with us are alright. I wanted to call him all night long but I think its time that I gave him some space. I didn't have any legitimate reason to call, and now that we are living so close together, I'm always a bit wary of crowding him. I try to give him enough space to breathe on his own. Its strange to have to make a conscious effort at anything with Ben. Our relationship has always just flowed. *smiles a bit thinking of that happy thought* Well that's about it for the night. I'm off to slug away at my neverending pile of homework... Much love to you all. - T -
<--! begin pathetic plug -->
Oh, yeah, and if you want tobe crazy, Buy me birthday presents!
Its revelations I'm craving.
A raven skull drawing journal... kindof expensive though.
Poppy collaborates.
Mmm silvery spinal jewelry!
My Huge Amazon.com wishlist... the black bible and eaters of the dead? pretty please?
<--! end pathetic plug -->
.