.: sound :.
j.s. bach: brandenburg concertos

.: text :.
the baroque cycle

.: touch :.
moonlit water

.: taste :.
Rockstar Juiced

.: smell :.
ripe mangos

x
 

Tuesday, June 25, 2002

6/25/2002 12:33:00 AM

.

O, my lord,
When you went onward on this ended action,
I look'd upon her with a soldier's eye,
That liked, but had a rougher task in hand
Than to drive liking to the name of love:
But now I am return'd and that war-thoughts
Have left their places vacant, in their rooms
Come thronging soft and delicate desires,
All prompting me how fair young Hero is,
Saying, I liked her ere I went to wars.

Claudio - Much Ado About Nothing Act one, scene 1
 
A lovely quote to sum up my feelings for Monguse. I, like a gardener taking joy in the growth and tending of his charge, have watched him grow with smiles to see each step along the way. And now I stand in amazement to see the beautiful man he has become. As Neil says about Coraline and his children: "with Coraline I feel rather like I feel about my children, in that they're wonderful, and I know I was there at their conception, and I know I've had a fairly intimate day-by-day help with their growth, but I look at them at the end of the day and I think, 'You're really cool. How did you get there? Where did you come from and how did you turn out like this?' ". I know I haven't been there for to day to day during the whole course of this metamorphosis.. but I've been watching. And even now after months of being reacquainted, every once in awhile I look up at him - not doing anything particularly climactic, just being MOnguse - and i am utterly amazed. Its... nice.

.

ferric

 

 

 

Comments: Post a Comment