|
|
Saturday, June 08, 2002
.
So, I've been thinking a lot recently. But not about anything soul wrenching or ethereal, or even socially relevant. I've been thinking about programming. Graphics programming in C++ to be precise, learning how to convert .ppm images to .avi format, compression codecs - plotting physics data from red-giant star and Kcube turbulence simulations run at LANL and trying to undertand the concept of entropy in fluid dynamics terms. That one is still eluding me. Its all still eluding me in fact. Of course I'm sure that I could and should ask. I just hate bothering any of the people at work who could explain. Its not that they wouldn't..or even that they'd be annoyed - just that they are so busy. I feel horrid and shy about interrputing them. Everything about this job is a bit overwhelming - though its inspiring me to take more physics, cs, and astronomy courses. I suppose that is a good thing. *weak smiles* For right now though I just wish that my head would cease to hurt.
Got home tonight and (after showering and such) went out to the Grace to meet Monguse only to discover that he had left 5 minutes beforehand without leaving any word as to where he was off to. *sighs* Went on the wild goose chase of my month looking for him, only to end up back at Henry's place watching Cemetery Man which is a fabulous flick. One of my all time favorites in the genre of bizzare horror. It's chock full of zombies, insanity, gratuitous breast shots, an ossuary, and enough tounge in cheeck comedy to make the random "huh?"s your brain will throw at you throughout more than worthwhile.
.