.: sound :.
j.s. bach: brandenburg concertos

.: text :.
the baroque cycle

.: touch :.
moonlit water

.: taste :.
Rockstar Juiced

.: smell :.
ripe mangos

x
 

Saturday, June 01, 2002

6/01/2002 11:35:00 AM

.

"There is nothing mystical about the power of pyramids.
     Pyramids are damns in the stream of time. Correctly shaped and oriented, with the proper paracosmic measurements correctly plumbed in, the temporal potential of the great mass of stone can be diverted to accelerate or reverse time over a very small area... The original builders, who were of course ancients and therefore wise, knew this very well and the whole point of a correctly-built pyramid was to achieve absolute null time in the central chamber so that a dying king, tucked up there would indeed live forever -- or at least, never actually die. ...
     After a few eons people forgot this and thought that you could achieve the same effect with a) ritual b) pickling people and c) storing thier soft inner bits in jars.
     This seldom works."

Pyramids Terry Pratchett
 
 
Its early, its morning, and already its 80+ degrees outside. Thank goodness for my Australian expereince or I'd be just melting. As it is I'm being lazy: curling around the more shadowy areas of our house reading "Pyramids" and doing things which closely resemble napping. I imagine that I will make chainmail later.. its just too warm and bright right now to be non-drowsy. *yawns*
 
*warning: rant to follow*
It seems that I've been extrordinarily nocturnal lately. THe buisness end of my days doesn't start until at least 9:30-10:00pm, and coming home before 5am is like having to be in at 8:00 because its a school night. Bloody sun-prejudiced vehicle owners. You'd think they'd realize that if they are using the car in the daytime that generally speaking means that I can't use the car in the daytime - But NO. They come in at 9pm - I ask to borrow the car at 9:30 pm for a meeting 30mi away, and they want me to return the vehicle by the "reasonable hour" of 11:00pm (leaving me a whole half hour of time to spend at my destination before I';d have to turn around and drive the 30 minutes back). I don't understand why some people feel that the hours of the day in which they are usually awake are the only decent hours for anyone to be awake. And that somehow being up and about at any other time is disgraceful. *shakes my head in exasperation* This would be more justifiable if they didn't dearly appreciate things that got accomplished during these hours, like having thier streets plowed, trash emptied, mail distributed, bread etc. baked; or if they did so much as bat an eyelash at staying up late when they themselves wanted to accomplish something. *grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*
Alright. That is quite enough ranting for one day.
 
I think its time to start a horror story. I was feeling very lovecraftian the other day, and the sound of things blowing about my house sparked a short story idea - so time to write it down and see how things go.

.

ferric

 

 

 

Comments: Post a Comment