.: sound :.
j.s. bach: brandenburg concertos

.: text :.
the baroque cycle

.: touch :.
moonlit water

.: taste :.
Rockstar Juiced

.: smell :.
ripe mangos

x
 

Monday, June 03, 2002

6/03/2002 03:36:00 PM

.

*warning: superfast post to follow. Not much forethought going on here*
 
Wow, its Wednesday and I still haven't posted about last weekend.. or this week for that matter. Its been crazy. I moved to worktown Monday night after not sleeping all bloody weekend and have been busy busy working ever since. Its fun though. I only feel like I am in 20ft over my head as opposed to the 200 I was expecting. YAy! I think - If I keep my brain sharp and ask the right questions I might just be able to pull off the project they have me working on. *bright smiles* Which would be GREAT... especially since the finished product should be extremely useful. :)
 
Well since I don't have time to actually write about my weekend here are some incoherent bits and peices that got typed to people about it.
......................................................................................................................
To birdy:
Well first I went moshing with Monguse and SteveO at a heavy metal concert (James' post zephaniah band, Kev was thier original drummer and then when he moved James took over)
Then when that was done at 11:30 we snagged my friend becca and went to the twin ports brewery (MMM Best beer I've ever had on this continent) and I danced to some pretty funky jams until about 1:30 when the flocking admirers got too damn annoying. I've found that this tends to happen to men once extreme intoxication sets in.
 
After that we 4 piled into the car and went out to wisconsin point and had a nice big bonfire. I drank waaay too much merlot, and a good portion of the musicians (the uber-charismatic portion) from the brewery showed up and we hung out and made music on the beach until sunrise.
 
Then MOnguse, SteveO, Becca, and Leo (one of the brewery musicians and a buddy o' mine) all piles into the car and went to SteveO's house to sleep a bit in the warm... well. .. . Becca SteveO and Leo slept.
 
... Oh honey - It was DEFINITELY worth it. I finally got to kiss monguse. It was great. He's so flipping awesome... This was like the culmination of 3 years of waiting on my part for him to grow up enough that it didn't feel just 'wrong' corrupting him.
 
 
to Monguse:
(Sunday) Lunch was great too. The generous tendencies at work within me wish that Becca could have been there to enjoy the fun as well, but then I come back to reality and realize that it wasn't great - it was perfect. One of those little moments were you realize that things are exactly the way they should be - and that way is wonderful. To change one single thing (even the bitchy waitresses, and it taking 5 minutes to get seated) would have been to have an altogether different experience. I can't remember the last time I laughed that much during the course of a conversation, or had that much fun at a meal. I was dirty, I was hungover, and I smelled like skunk -- and none of it mattered one jot.
 
Sometimes I feel like I am pulled through life so very fast. The scenery around me melts to a blur, and events fly by me so quickly that don't have time to contemplate the last one lest I miss the one that's going on right now. Its all lightspeed and timetests, (SAT's and the ones you had to take in 2nd grade.. +, -, the 3x table) and trying to look at trees out your car window as they fly by at 80mph. Every once in a rare while though Velocity will take a pitstop and I will find myself free for a space. Its the most amazing thing. Suddenly the world will come crystal clear. And for those few breif moments (wether they are a space between blinks or a stolen season spent wandering the world) there will be no reason to hurry, just sit back and enjoy how very beautiful life is -- just as it is. to make the most of things. Yesterday was one of those moments.

.

ferric

 

 

 

Comments: Post a Comment