|
|
Wednesday, July 03, 2002
.
I have had, truly, the most wonderful evening. I started and finished, reading The Doll's House today in an effort to buck myself up a bit. It largely suceeded but I'll talk more about that later.
But first! A story... in conversation form.
fe2o3: erm.. *tries to think of something to talk about that isn't going ot bring up anything painful* ... guess what ? *sparkles cause she thinks she found something* s: What, honey? fe2o3: I got to see a real live flamenco dancer tonight! It was gorgeous! s: *blinks* You lead an odd life, darling. fe2o3: I know! Its great! I was feeling like shit.. and very hungry - but I couldn't think of anything that I actually wanted to eat...so I wandered into Dinkytown (little quiant shopping district right next to campus on the opposite side from my dorm) and opted to stop at a place that was just getting guttted and remodeled when i was a student here in 2000...mostly because it had lovely plants outside and pretty wineglasses on the table. And because I wanted to see what the inside looked like.. s: *wonders how you can be so captivating* fe2o3: *blushes* *doesn't know* s: I think I should take notes around you, so I could emulate. fe2o3: So.. I wandered in and to my utter astonishment and extreme pleasure it was Beautiful. I mean absolutely stunning beautiful - everything about it. The host was drop dead cute.. long wavy red hair all in a neat black dress shirt and slacks.. and with an kickass industrial peircing in his ear. .. so.. after seating the party that walked in just before me (giving me time to mavel at thier one of a kind excellently stocked bar.. and note the prominent bottle of green chartreuse there) ... s: *finds this to be better storytime than anything she's read in a while* fe2o3: he asked me in the most mellifluous tones if I would like to be seated near the music and dancing. I blinked once or twice and replied - most eloquently of course - "sure". I'm sure I was stunning. *L* or more appropriately "stunned" s: *giggles* caught unawarest! fe2o3: - yes, exactly. *giggles* Annnyway..in moments I found myself seated at the most comfortable table for two that I have ever sat at.. placing my bag on the edge of the stone fountain next to me (it was something like 12ft tall and shaped like a tree with water running down the trunk if I remember correctly) and looking at a menu that contained many words like saffron, portabella, scallops, orzo, truffle oil, & marscapone cheeze. s: Good grief. fe2o3: Thats only one bit. The space is like a theater inside.. all sculptures and soaring ceilings.. they have a balcony level for heavens sakes... and almost directly in front of my table.. a stage... well more like a platform topped with a guilded arch.. but still lovely and graceful and perfect for setting off the flamenco guitarist who was playing there wonderfully enough to make me stop reading sandman and just gawk. So I sat.. and had the most wonderful meal that I have had in months.. quite possibly since leaving Australia... and listened to flamnco..watched the dancer (who was totally captivating.. like something in a waking dream).. and was throughly rejuvinated. It was.. lovely. *s* (my menu for the evening i chronological order was: green chartreuse, fresh bread with whipped butter in a neat little dish on the side, Seafood Linguini - shrimp scallops and mussels in a wine-olive oil broth with tomatoes, herbs, and the most lovely cheese.. I couldn't put my finger on what kind though, tira misu - somewhat beneath my ubercritical tira misu standard but still tasty, and yummy italian coffee.) s: I'm very happy you had such a heavenly time there *smiles* fe2o3: thanks lovely. was it a good story? s: Aw honey..you're talkin' food to a girl who was on a liquid diet for over a week, and has just recently been able to chew really soft food *giggles as her tummy makes little grumpy noises* It sounds absolutely marvelous. I'm all drooly now. fe2o3: oh baby I'm sorry! I forgot all about that! *feels all guitly now* s: *laughs*If I can't chew more than soft fruit, I can at least live vicariously through your tastebuds, darkling. fe2o3: Here is their website.. http://www.loringcafe.com/pastabar/ The outside of the building is all covered with lovely ivy and plants separating wrought iron tables atm. The bottom photo is of the balcony veiwed from downstairs, and the sencond to bottom is one of the main floor.. you can kindof see a corner of the stage on the very left. s: Wow..it looks beautiful. fe2o3: it is. :)
.