|
|
Saturday, August 10, 2002
.
SIN
I have sinned, a delactable sin
In an embrace which was ardent, like fire
I have sinned in the midst of arms
Which were hot and vengeful, like iron
In that dark and silent private place
I looked to his secret-filled eyes
In my breast my heart trembled anxiously
In desire of his entreating eyes
In that dark and silent private place
I sat, distracted by his side
His lips poured passion upon mine
I was saved from my mad heart's repine
I whispered the tale of love to his ear:
I want you, O sweetheart of mine
I want you, O life-giving bosom
You, O mad love of mine
Passion kindled flames in his eyes
The red wine danced in the glass
In the soft bed, against his chest
My body trembled with drunkeness
I have sinned, a delectable sin
Beside a body, trembling and dazed
Oh God, how can I know what I did
In that dark and silent private place ?
- Forugh Farrokhzad
.