|
|
Tuesday, August 06, 2002
.
(unedited blather:)Today was eerie. I spent the night at Aarons last night and we pretty much stayed up the whole time talking with his friends, talking in his room, and then kissing a whole lot, and talking some more and kissing some more and.. then it was dawn and we went "oops" and kissed some more before finally going to sleep. Woke up 2 hours later as he had to get ready for work. felt miserable, piled halfblindly into the car got dropped off at the Grace and I talked teske into coming to get me because I wanted to sleep more and have a shower.
So.. Teske shows up and announces that instead of going directly to his place we're going to Josh's house to pick up some of his roleplaying books. (Fox lives in Josh's basement. just moved in. and news of our saturday there night hasn't spread.) So.. into the house we go, and Teske's giving me the tour because he thinks I've never been there before... when up walks Stone from the basement.
Now Stone is the most elligible goth-industrial bachelor in lake-town. The man is a legend. People know him EVERYWHERE. I mean I grew up on stories of Stone from the time I was like 14. Hes extremely attractive (read: looks EXACTLY like Trent Reznor when he was still young and handsome - except taller and a touch cuter. Yeah. im serious here) exclusive, and a well known sadist. He can be probably the biggest snob i've ever met, (he never condescended to pay me the slightest bit of attention when I was younger but I never felt particularly bad about it because, well,.. he never condescended to pay 99.5% of the general population any attention.) - but ever since I've been back from Oz he pretty much dotes on me every time we've been around each other. Not in an overwhelming way, not in the "i don't know you but I want in your pants" way, no. Just perfect. Very complimentary. Hell, Stone hanging out and talking to me at Teske's 21st birthday party was probably the only reason that I didn't have a nervous breakdown from having to sit at the same table as Fox, and listen to him be an asshole all night.
So we're hanging out and listening to music, and I'm being very sortof unassuming but not overly humble. (he's both a Dj and a musician himself. Has a kickass collection of CD's) and he kept talking to me.. (which I still find a bit surprising) and having me try to guess what song was playing in the first 5 seconds and such. It was alright. amiable. . Then we went downstairs to install rings in his walls so that he can chain up a little Japanese woman who he's fucking atm (and of course whomever comes next). which was also fun. His room is beautiful but subtly disturbing as well... i think it was the videocamera. but other things as well. very suaveserialkilleresque (which would make sense as hes a huge reznor fan).
Then we went got dropped off at teske's house while teske ran errands.. there was NOTHING to do there. .. but Stone sat and entertained me the whole time. I was more expecting him to sit in the corner and brood, or read a book. It would be more like him to sit alone and amuse himself than to dote on someone... we played chess. and talked. and he gave me puzzle rings to put together and... it was throughly odd. Eventually I kindof waited on him a bit.. and sat at his feet.. and we ended up curled up in a chair together.. me in his lap and him sleeping on my shoulder. (if you had told me at 15 that Stone would ever know my name I would have laughed in your face. if you had told me that he would curl me in his arms and sleep like a baby on my chest I would have thought you had lost it completely). Then we all went over the Robin GoodFellow's, the store which is selling our chainmaille, and chilled and at the end of the evening I got a "When are you coming back into town?" as in "when can i see you again?"
I am intrigued and afraid and extrememly suspicious. It felt wonderful. But Stone is good. Stone is really good. possibly a better manipulator than anyone I have ever been exposed to yet. My brain keeps feeling around looking for motives.. what is courting me going to accomplish for him? is it just because he wants to piss off Fox? Does he just think I'm beautiful ? - Can he tell how horribly easy it would be to hurt me right now? is he attracted to my fragility like a shark who scents blood? i don't know. Its an interesting muddle.
.