|
|
Monday, October 14, 2002
.
Well, I've had a strange and somewhat amusing few days. Once I got out of the house, yesterday kicked ass. Ben picked me up around 2pm and we went into Duluth to grab Stone and go hardware shopping (yay!) before heading back out to the farm to play with acetylene and hammers. Much fun. As always being at the farm was dreamy. I don't understand why (its just fields and barns, a house, farming implements, chickens, etc.) but as always it was so amazing to be there. There's just something about the spot and about his family which radiates peace and vitality - beautiful life - and every time that I am there I come out feeling refreshed and inspired. Between the three of us we made torques (me), and steel demicups (ben). and a spearhead (stone). Ben took stone on a mini tour of the grounds and we got to move the turkeys later on in the evening. They were so white.. and cute... and really kindof stinky. *laughs* When we stopped at the new root cellar I finally collected the other half of my birthday present - in the form of two bottles of Ben's first wine making attempt - and a spontaneous gift of two red potatoes, each as big as my head. The parental units John and Jane came home just before we left so I go to say hello to them and introduce Stone too - which was really quite nice. Oh, and I got to eat one of the tomatoes. Mmmmmm. tomato.
Anyway - got home to watch Porn and Chicken at the laketown place (mit Fox and Josh - ben went to spend the evening with his beloved Terri), and decided that I was feeling wonderful and it would be a bright idea to open one of the bottles. After much deliberation and a game of eenie-meenie-minie-mo, the dandelion variety got voted for, and... it was really good ! So bright me decided to have another glass.... which was also really good. And at the end of that glass I noticed "hey I'm feeling kindof tippy.. whee this is fun!". Now comes the really bright decision: instead of stopping and enjoying the buzz until it wore off, and drinking more then I decided to keep right on going. *L* Needless to say the entire bottle vanished before morning... and I woke up with one hell of a headache. It was fun stuff though. I so very rarely drink anymore, and even more rarely drink enough to feel an effect - that it was boucoup fun to be giggly and tippy in the prescence of my boys.
Well - now that i am finally awake today has been the day of much contact:
- I got an email from Gail Ferraris of ArchVisceralParlor - my Chicago Gothic Diva friend with this link to lyrics for Bondage the Musical. Its pretty funny stuff - at least I got a few laughs. I get the impression that she is playing Dorothy in a live production tonight. Too bad I can't be there to see it. Her voice and stage prescence are just amazing!
- Got more email from my pet! *waves to Ripper* which made me sooo happy. I was just whinging to stone the other night about how much I missed him. I think more visiting is in order. :)
- Annnnd talked to D. Out of the blue he Icq'd me and we passed a rather nice few hours exchanging pleasantries etc. It was rather nice to talk to him again. Though the rampant negativity was less than amusing. I hope that he feels better soon... though I'm begining to doubt that he will ever let himself. *sighs* oh well. Unless you look at it in the "for whom the bell tolls" sort of way - its definitely not my problem anymore.
.