.: sound :.
j.s. bach: brandenburg concertos

.: text :.
the baroque cycle

.: touch :.
moonlit water

.: taste :.
Rockstar Juiced

.: smell :.
ripe mangos

x
 

Sunday, March 20, 2005

3/20/2005 04:56:00 PM

.

Wherein she suspects that she may be a snob. So I'm sitting in java today reading the funnies & this 40 something, slightly overweight, shoulder-length blonde hair, guy comes in with his nails all filed into points and starts commenting on my jacket. Not just commenting even - but complimenting and then talking about what brand it is (i.e. "morbid threads I presume, blahblahblah" _ which it isn't, its actually by Tripp but really WHO CARES WHAT COMPANY MADE MY JACKET!!!) then proceeds to follow me around the coffee house for an hour trying to get me to talk "the lingo". At on point in time I knew the technical term for the vernacular of a certain subgroup which, much like thieves cant, is full of double meanings and code words - but I can't remember that word now. Doubletalk? no really I have no idea. Anyway it was strange & maddening because I remember what I would ahve been all about this sort of behavior. When I was 13 but now it makes me think that there is something seriously mentally wrong with someone. I don't talk that talk anymore B. It reminds me of my last conversation with D wherin he was asking me if I had heard from anyone from our old VO crew & wanting to gossip. I just don't care anymore. Its not fasicnating it just seems pathetic and sad. Don't people have anything more productive and interesting to do with thier lives than vie over imagined social status, who is wearing what designers, & who's posuer vs cool? (the answer to that one is always the same & boring, ie the peoiple that you like are cool and everyone else is posuers) --- You know if I actually would have finished this post when I meant to I'm sure that I would have had something pertinent and insightful to say now but its gone. Gah. Go do something with your lives. Now. Get the fuck off my blog and live.

.

ferric

 

 

 

Comments: Post a Comment