.: sound :.
j.s. bach: brandenburg concertos

.: text :.
the baroque cycle

.: touch :.
moonlit water

.: taste :.
Rockstar Juiced

.: smell :.
ripe mangos

x
 

Friday, August 12, 2005

8/12/2005 04:59:00 AM

.

Walking down lamplit streets, leaves brushing the trim of my skirt & the night air redolent with the scent of earth. Something inside me stirs and comes alive hungry this time of year. My blood whispers quiet and demanding in my veins demanding to be spilt & night things chart thier course behind closed eyes. The Darkening of the Light.



Sionnach is married tomorrow.



Last night I dream of him. Of our last meeting before he speaks the vows that bind him to another soul. In my dream he summoned me and I came [birchleaf] surprised and greatful for the opportunity to make somewhat of an end. My untold fear: that we would trail away, grey and smoky for the rest of our lives, ethereal and never knowing what was left and what still remained to haunt us until - finally assuaged.



I dreampt of us together, a dagger night, all streetlights and shadows dancing across our faces as we laughed. Wistful, smiling, as we cut the last ties that [shouldnot] bind. With bright quick strokes we stiched still open wounds, the salt of our tears stinging them, washing away the dust of time until they could heal clean.



For a moment only our eyes met & in relief we smiled once more our tide tumbled smile of old. And in that brief instant disaster fell, for your bird had flown to close and did not understand what had come to pass. That it was for her sake & yours: a sweeping clean of the foundations where Your house should one day come to stand. Wheeling above us she cried out once & then fell broken. The night disolved around me in a greif so profound that my dream could hold it no longer.



My face was wet when I awoke.



And then tonight you called. And I almost didn't come. -- I'm glad that I did.



For once Sionnach, my dream of you held disaster, and the waking reality a miracle. You'll pehaps never know how much that means.


(with smiles & light and best wishes for you both - t )

.

ferric

 

 

 

Comments: Post a Comment