|
|
Tuesday, February 07, 2006
.
I'm haunted.
In my dream we're all staying in this fancy hotel. Boi and I are checking out. He goes to get the car but somehow I've managed to get locked out of our room while completely naked except for the fluffy white hotel bathrobe. I stop by your room because I am too embarassed to go down to the lobby for another key, and somehow I know that you will be able to help me. You disaspear for a moment then come back to get me - you've unlocked the door. I follow you back to my room where you surprise me by insistng to stay and help me pack. You find all of my clothing and hand it to me, piece by piece, a perfect gentleman with your back turned. It's all blue and white and cream. the morning sunlight filters through the curtains and as you hand me each article it starts to glow. Finally you hand me a set of boots, and they are nothing like I have ever owned: brown and burnished, graceful like a swan's neck, and just as soft. I look up in surprise to tell you that there must be some mistake, but you are faster with your words...
"your shoes were gone, so I brought these for you. No, no don't say anything. Just take them. They're a gift. Please. "
Then you get an excited look on your face and take me by the hand, drawing me to you.
"close your eyes, I have another surprise for you..."
I close my eyes and extend my left hand. Trusting. And then you kiss me. The room seems to disaspear and transform itself to another one from long ago. I can taste your life upon your lips and I am rolled helpless again in long forgotten tides.
I open my eyes, astonished and you laugh and tell me that its alright, but its not. At all. because when I open my eyes I can see through my tears - and we are still here, not long ago. Still in a blue and cream hotel room - and you are still married to someone else.
... Annnnd then I wake up.
.