.: sound :.
j.s. bach: brandenburg concertos

.: text :.
the baroque cycle

.: touch :.
moonlit water

.: taste :.
Rockstar Juiced

.: smell :.
ripe mangos

x
 

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

11/21/2006 07:12:00 PM

.

Strange ruminations. Had an off thought the other night, namely how authentic is cloth? Each year when I work the renaissnce festival I are many different costume - some appropriately peasantish - but there are also people who art their sights higher. Of the silks brocades & velvets - how much of this could actually have been produced in the renaissance or even the baroque era using available technology? Wool felt seems simple enough but what does it take to make a piece of velvet? A piece of silk? What about satin?

While we were in Los Angeles the boy and I went to the getty museum and happened to go through their baroque furniture collection. Which seems to have got me started again. So, if any of you are history buffs or textile afficianados pen me a line!

.

ferric

 

 

 

Comments: Post a Comment