|
|
Wednesday, July 01, 2009
.
been an interesting day. just got back from a photo shoot with the ever lovely Eris Vafias. She's doing an art show in August with photos and paintings based on the Greek pantheon and had me pose for her as a sad and dark Persephone. Was a good time and I did my best to look both like statuary, and a woman trapped against her will in the underworld for 6 months a year. Sort of bitter and a little bit tempting. I will have to post some of the photos if she gets them to me.
On the way home it dawned on me that its a lovely evening and that even though i grew up less than a mile away from where I've been living for the last 5 years I haven't been back to the old neighborhood since I moved away when i was 10. So I took a nice slow cruise along some very nice residential streets. I managed to find my grandparents old house, my best friend's house from back in the day, and "The House of Many Windows" - which as a little girl I always told myself I would live in when I grew up. It was surprisingly just as cool as I remembered if not more so. Always pleasant when you encounter a thing that you loved childhood actually lives up to your recollection of it. I don't think I'll ever live there (unless I win the lottery or become a very well paid doctor or somesuch) but it made me smile to drive by and see the house that I loved so much is still there & looking lovelier than ever. I wonder if I will ever see the inside of it. I am toying with the idea of putting on normal people clothes and knocking on the door some afternoon - but if I explained that this was my childhood gingerbread house the owners would probably think that I'm a looney toon. Then again instead of calling the cops they might give me a tour. Who knows unless you try right?
.